Friday, September 30, 2011

SEPTEMBER MONTHLY CHALLENGE: Window Dressing Challenge!

And here go again! It's another challenge over at the Cricut Circle Blog. This time it was to make something with our interpretation of a "window." As soon as I read about that challenge I had ideas racing through my head. But in the end this is what I came up with.


It is a card I made using the acrylic from a report cover. I cut a card with a bracket type shape to one edge. I used my CTMH Art Philosophy (finally!) for the card shape.  I was able to get it to work in my Expression. But...since it won't sync to the Gypsy I actually had to use the keypad with the overlay! I think I have used an overlay maybe a handful of times since I got my Gypsy a year ago. Man...I LOVE my Gypsy!

I also used my new Lori's Garden Imagine cart. I grabbed it on super sale about a week ago. I cut the frame at 2 different sizes for a bit of added depth and interest. I had cut a few other images but they just didn't seem to be a good fit.

The stamp is from my favorite desginer, Ali Edwards. It's from one of her Technique Tuesday sets. I also have the image as part of a brush set from her Designer Digitals products. "You are a work of art" made me think of my oldest, Brooke. I had her in mind the entire time I was creating this.


Originally I was going in an entire different direction with this project. But due to a technicality...my JT Imagine cartridge being a dud...I had to scramble to find a suitable replacement. I wanted to use one of the images as a frame and then have a "mirror" on the other side of the open frame. Well, I also found out that aluminum foil is not as reflective as I had thought. I also could not find my alternative, stainless contact paper. That would probably have been a dud too. Oh well...I'm happy with the end product even if it wasn't what I had started out to make. Hmmm...where have I heard that before?

So you might have noticed my "models" helping hold up the card. I got my order today of my Cricut 3" collectibles. I now have 5 out of 6. I am missing the white Imagine one. I have some duplicates that I would be willing to trade, just  in case anyone is actually reading this and might be interested.



On a side note, it is definitely Fall in OHIO. We are looking forward to our first Fall in our new house. There are several festivals around. One I can see from my front yard. I could walk there in 5 minutes if I could cut through the corn and soy fields. I LOVE FALL!

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Sandy, I love your entry! I wish I had thought of something like that. And, you have two Cricut buddies...I am so jealous LOL. I am going to have to SL your card :)

    Marta

    ReplyDelete