Friday, October 14, 2011

BLOGIVERSARY: Sketch Challenge!


Oh my....look what the winner will be receiving...
{their very own Cricut Imagine)
So this is a sketch challenge. Well...for me it was a MAJOR challenge. I have used sketches many times for all sorts of projects. This particular sketch threw me for a loop! It just wasn't a typical "flow" for me. I think I worked on at least 4 or 5 solid ideas before I almost gave up. Here is a look at the sketch:


What I came to realize is that I just needed to find the right fit for the sketch. I had to put aside the original images and layouts that I wanted to use. Once I stumbled upon the right combination...things went a bit smoother. Now here is my finished rendition of the sketch:


All the printed images are from the Lori's Garden Imagine cartridge. The background is the Butrfly2-oblong-S from...drum roll please....Elegant Edges! How did I ever live without this cart??? The "wonderful" is an Ali Edwards stamp from Technique Tuesday.

I used pop dots to give some dimension to the mat as well as the bird and cage. I ran the pink layer through the Cuddlebug with a damask folder. The little heart stick pins are Heidi Grace. I think they work well.  I also used my Copics to ink all the edges. I think it helps create a nice finish to the white card stock that I use to print the images on.

I had someone special in mind as I was making this. I think I will have to wait a little while before I send it. If you stopped by to see what I had happening here...I appreciate it. Now I am going to post this thing and take a break. I might get to finish the last one that I want to enter, but I am not going to beat myself up over it. This sketch did that enough.

Do you have a WONDERFUL in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment